Sadly my relaxing Christmas holiday ended yesterday. Looking ahead to the next year I wanted to take the time to reminisce on the past. I had planned to blog over the holiday period while I was in Kent but in the end I just couldn’t make myself spend time online when life offline was beckoning.
Travel wise it was quite a good year. All other areas, can’t complain…although I did and a lot. D will attest that my feelings towards London were very negative and I hammered it home to him that I wanted to leave soon. Realistically I will be staying put for a while still, a long while.
This started to change slowly as I made an effort to go out and explore even when the colder months settled in. I explored new and old areas and now I end off the year at peace and excited with staying here a bit longer. I have much to share over the coming weeks.
1. The UKBA finally did some work and granted me a visa in March.
2. Cardiff called when D and I took a coach to Wales for a weekend break.
3. Visited my dear friend Jen in Guernsey, she left London for seriously greener pastures.
4. First trip to Portobello Road Market and discovered stalls upon stalls of vintage goods.
5. Basked in the beauty of the Battersea Park Peace Pagoda.
6. Spent a lovely but short 24+ hours in the Isle of Wight.
7. Discovered the vast range of Gaudi’s work in Barcelona.
8. Enjoyed Chiswick House and Gardens in Autumn.
9. Fell in love with Berlin, again.
10. Followed peacocks in Kyoto Garden Holland Park
11. Walked around posh Primrose Hill.
12. Captured the elegant Christmas lights and sights in London.
There we have it folks, a few of my highlights of the past year. I’d like to welcome new readers, glad to see you here.
Also thanks to the regulars, it is always nice to hear from you and see what you’re up to in your part of the world. Happy New Year! I wish you all travel, peace, love and blogging for 2014.